If you are experiencing extreme pain, tingling or weakness in your lower back and even down through your legs, then you may be experiencing pain that is caused by pressure on your sciatic nerve. This pain can be intense and overwhelming. In fact, if you are dealing with type of pain, then you will want to be sure to find the right types of treatments right away in order to get a better handle on the pain.
Sciatica treatments come in many different forms. In fact, you can find several types of sciatica treatments that can work for you that provide holistic care and healing as well as several types of sciatic treatments that will work if the holistic options don’t work. Listed here are several ways to find the right sciatica treatments for your needs:
- Ask your doctor. You will want to start by asking your doctor in order to see what they would start with in terms of treatments. If your pain is due to a herniated disc then you may need to do more invasive treatments then if it is caused by inflammation or something that may be helped by heat/ice therapy and massage therapy.
- Ask your neurosurgeon or neurologist. You may need to visit a specialist in order to get a better idea of the right care for your sciatic pain. They won’t suggest sciatica surgery until all other options have been used and your pain is still there and interfering with your daily life.
- Look online. You will also want to consider looking online in order to get a better idea of what will work for you in terms of sciatica treatments and pain management. There are options that you can find terms of the right neurosurgeon to the right massage therapist that has experience with helping to heal sciatic pain.
- Find the right holistic healers that have specific experience with sciatica treatments. You will also want to try and find the right holistic healers that work with sciatic pain and relief on your sciatic nerve.
- Ask for recommendations. If you have any friends, family, or colleagues that have had intense sciatic pain, then you can also ask them for recommendations in order to find the right treatment options and facilities for your care as well as your healing process.
As you can see, there are many ways that you can use in order to find the right types of holistic and conventional treatments for your sciatic pain. These are methods that will work short term as well as long term when you find the right approach.
If you have tried resolving your sciatic pain on your own or with the help of your primary care doctor, then you may need to see a specialist. They may refer you to a neurologist or a neurosurgeon who can better assist you with the steps to take to relieve your pain. You can find out more when you visit the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates.